RSS

Practitioner

10 اوت

Yesterday, I was finally honored to contribute to an open source project, NRefactory: Front-end parser for C#.
Although, I have to admit I was only a helper through this journey; In fact at first I was totally reluctant to dive into thousands lines of code. After all, it’s still a bit scary🙂

Anyway we did it, we found the problem and add our short piece of modification into the code.But what was the dilemma ?
The problem was an ambiguity in resolution when we had an object with same name as class name. In order to disambiguate it, parser looks to see whether method has a static modifier or not. Now, when we try to call an extension method from an object … Poof ! Parser thinks this object is the class and …

Well, all we had to do was to add another condition to check whether it’s an extension method or not. I was so thrilled and I impatiently wanted to recompile our program to see the results. But wait ! «Let’s not rush into it», said the other guy. «First let’s to see what are it’s side effects.» We checked every occurrence of this method in the code to make sure this change doesn’t cause any malfunction. After that we ran the program and … it was working like a charm.

PS : Soon I’m gonna post a share about NRefactory library and how I’m using it in developing an aggressive obuscator for C#. So be prepared !

 
بیان دیدگاه

نوشته شده توسط در اوت 10, 2013 در En, تخصصی

 

برچسب‌ها: , ,

پاسخی بگذارید

در پایین مشخصات خود را پر کنید یا برای ورود روی شمایل‌ها کلیک نمایید:

نشان‌وارهٔ وردپرس.کام

شما در حال بیان دیدگاه با حساب کاربری WordPress.com خود هستید. بیرون رفتن / تغییر دادن )

تصویر توییتر

شما در حال بیان دیدگاه با حساب کاربری Twitter خود هستید. بیرون رفتن / تغییر دادن )

عکس فیسبوک

شما در حال بیان دیدگاه با حساب کاربری Facebook خود هستید. بیرون رفتن / تغییر دادن )

عکس گوگل+

شما در حال بیان دیدگاه با حساب کاربری Google+ خود هستید. بیرون رفتن / تغییر دادن )

درحال اتصال به %s

 
%d وب‌نوشت‌نویس این را دوست دارند: